Wednesday 29 June 2011

And the SDCC Exclusive is...

Spoilers...
River Song AKA Cleopatra AKA Mrs Robinson AKA Melody Pond in her outfit from "The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang. A fantastic choice, since we've been needing a new River Song figure since her second appearance. Her first figure is brilliant, but there's one small problem with it: 



Admittedly, this is only an issue for me, who wants to do a Doctor Who Figure Adventure series. Since I didn't want River Song to only be appearing in her space suit, I've been hoping for this figure for quite a while, as one of my best friends will atest to lol!

BUT WAIT! IT GETS BETTER! Lookie:

It comes with the Pandorica Chair. YAY!
However, this presents a tiny problem for me. You see, loyal readers, about six months (or a year, I'm not a hundred percent sure) ago, Character Options released this: 

PANDORICA BOX!
A Wave with a Pandorica Build-it thingie! At the time, I already have 5 Silurian Warriors, 8 Weeping Angels (4 weeping, 4 screaming) and while I liked the Cyberman, I wasn't majorally fussed about buying it. So in the end, I bought the Fezzed Doctor and Policewoman Amy (not pictured). I then proceeded to give the Pandorica Pieces I bought with those two to a friend in America. 

Of course, had I known about this Set, I would've kept them for myself, but I didn't. In hindsight, not my brightest move ever, but not my worse either. Dad'll be getting the Fezzed Doctor, Amy and Headless Cyberman (whom I bought today and will be keeping the Pandorica Piece) from the complete Set I'll be buying in a couple of weeks. Huzzah for me.

Also, let me focus on the chair for a moment. It actually works! You can put your Eleventh Doctor figure inside it (Though I have doubts about Amy). See:

"No! Please, listen to me! The TARDIS is exploding right now and I'm the only one who can stop it! Listen to me!"
Kudos on an excellent figure choose, Underground Toys/Character Options! 

No comments:

Post a Comment