Friday 18 May 2012

Storytime: My Wolf Print

It's happened again. I came here to write an amazing blog and as soon as the screen opened, the idea I had completely disappeared. I've sat here for two or three minutes, and it hasn't come back. So instead, enjoy a story about one of the pictures on my wall.

This one to be precise
I got this picture back when I was leaving in my flat at Huddersfield. Back then, there was this absolutely brilliant junk shop. It's a night club now sadly but back when it was still a shop, it was the sort of place you could find all the things you never knew you wanted. There was an Alien vs Predator Table (Alien & Predator were the legs), a Spider-Man chair and a life-size Cardboard Wall-E. I nearly bought that, but it sold by the time I had £30 to spare (I was relatively poor between pay days).

But it also had that picture. 

I don't know what it is about that picture that caught my eye. All I knew was that I loved it, and it was approximately the same size as the mirror that I had hid in my wardrobe (trust me, if you were me, you would not want to see yourself first thing in the morning) so it would cover the sudden blank spot on my wall.

It was priced at £14. I went up to the shop owner (I was in there often enough so she knew me on sight, if not name) and told her I'd like her. We had a small talk about the picture, which included a debate on whether or not the main Wolf (not the moon Wolf) was sad or not. I took the side of it being happy. It looks happy to me, holwing simply because it can. It was evidentally a lot more eloquent in the shop, since she gave me it for £4 instead of the marked price. 

Since then, it has hung on the wall of every house/flat I've lived in (which isn't as impressive since I moved back home and am still there). I love it as much today as I did when I bought it. 

That's all. You can go now.

So Say We All


No comments:

Post a Comment