Monday 11 June 2012

The Doctor Who Experience new Exclusive Figure

First off, let me just say this. Aside from rumours, I have no idea what this figure will be. I personally hope it will be a Rory figure. 

seriously, why hasn't one been released already?
Why do I hope it'll be a Rory? Well, aside from finally having a Rory figure, it would probably mean that we get a variant VERY quickly. 

Want me to explain it? Okay. Character Options & Underground Toys have a history of releasing tweaks of exclusive figures. Off the top of my head, I can think of three examples of this, including the previous Doctor Who Experience's Exclusive.

In 2010, one of the Classic Doctor Who Exclusive figures was a freshly regenerated Fifth Doctor, which meant he was still clad in the outfit the Fourth Doctor had worn in Season 18. A lot of fans bought two of this exclusive, and swapped the Fifth Doctor's out for one of the Fourth Doctor. Unlike them, I waited. Sure enough, within a month or so, a Season 18 Fourth Doctor was announced. I own both.

In 2011, again at the San Diego Comic Con, there was a River Song exclusive Figure. This one came with the inside of the Pandorica (to join up with the previously released Pandorica wave). Of course, this figure was well received, considering it was a new River Song (the previous wouldn't work for Doctor Who figure Adventures owning to being in an astronaut suit). 

Sure enough, within a month, a new wave of figures was announced, including River Song. The difference: This one wasn't wearing the woolly jacket the previous release (and obviously, no Pandorica chair.) I own both. 

And finally, in May 2011, the Doctor Who Experience announced an exclusive figure: Amelia Pond (kid version of Amy). This figure has a hat, a coat and a suitcase, and is based on her appearance in 'The Eleventh Hour'

Sure enough, another version of this was announced. Amelia Pond in nightgown (sans coat, hat and suitcase) appeared alongside Nephew (from 'The Doctor's Wife') The Doctor in Stetson (actually the Teselecta from 'The Impossible Astronaut') and two Silent variants (from Series 6). Naturally I own both (of the Amelia figures, I mean - although I own four Silents.)

So yeah. I think we'll probably get a variant of whatever the Doctor Who Experience Exclusive. If it is a Rory figure, I think the DWE will be a Roman Rory.

SWISH!

And the one released in a wave will be the 'normal' (IE the one Fans have wanted since Series 5 started and he became a main character) variant.

That's just my thoughts on the subject. What do you think?

So Say We All


No comments:

Post a Comment