Monday 25 June 2012

DOCTOR WHO FIGURE: Regen 5th Doctor and the Master's TARDIS

In a surprise move, Forbidden Planet announced a new Classic Doctor Who Exclusive Figure set (pictured below). It features a new Regeneration Fifth Doctor, the Master's TARDIS in Column form, and a shrunken figure.


Some people are disappointed by the lack of Ainley figure. Personally, I am not one of them. While I would love an Ainley Master in his iconic penguin suit outfit, I actually like this new 5th Doctor figure. Yes, we already have a regeneration 5th Doctor (in full Season 18 outfit - picture below), this is the outfit he remained in for most of the Serial (until he changed into his new one.)



Also, it is not like we don't have an Anthony Ainley Master (OKAY technically we don't but still). We have one from the serial 'Planet of Fire'. That Ainley actually looks brilliant. The face is a brilliant likeness to the actor, and the suit is rather menacing. People will complain because they want him in his iconic look, but I don't mind either way. I'm sure sooner or later we shall get one.

The highlight of this set, for me, is the TARDIS. When I talk about the Master's iconic TARDIS, two come to mind. Delgado's Grandfather clock and Ainley's column TARDIS. Thanks to The Keeper of Traken set, we have the Grandfather clock, and now we have that Column. The Rani's TARDIS from Mark of the Rani would also be a nice addition to the growing collection, but for the time being I am happy with these.

I will definitely be buying this set!

So Say We All!



No comments:

Post a Comment