Sunday 12 August 2012

New things to come

First and foremost, I'm dropping the italics. A few people have complained that it made it harder to read, so for the sake of all three of my readers, I'm returning to a standard font. That is not a big change, I know, but I felt it worth pointing out. 

Secondly, I will post more. Yes, I know I've said this before but this time, I have a plan to follow it up with. I will attempt to post at least once a week. Even if I have nothing to say beyond a mad pile of rambles, you will get a mad pile of rambles. I also intend to cut down on my posts on Doctor Who. That's not to say I will cut it out completely, but it is just one part of a bigger machine. (me, in this metaphor, I am the machine) 

Thirdly, it's time I stopped moping after the woman I have feelings for. My friends are sick of hearing about it, and frankly, I'm sick of talking about it. She has found the man of her dreams, and it isn't me. Enough. Time to call it quits and find someone who will love me for me. It might take a while, but a very wise person once said "Good things come to those who wait."

Which actually leads nicely into my fourth point. 

For the last 18 months, I have sat on my arse each and every night. I've let my illness dicate my life. It would be fair to say that my life is in a rutt. No more. It's time for me to go out and have some adventures. And I'm not alone in that. Dad has expressed similar wishes, and so the pair of us will start going out again. We'll push each other to do it. But I won't just do it with him. I'm 23 years old. I can have my own adventures, and I will be making an effort to go out and see people. So that's what I'm going to do.

My fifth point. I am going to figure out what the hell I want to do with my life. I refuse to be sat here, three years from now with no changes. I want to do something with myself, be it a job or another course of some sort. By this time next year, I will be doing something! 


As some of you, I feel I have developed some minor abandonment issues, due to the sudden absence of people I care a great deal about. I want to work on them, and I know I will need help doing so, so I'm asking my readers to provide that help. Do that, and I will be eternally grateful. 

Finally, I'm going to actually make those Figure Adventures I've been planning for nearly three years. Planning is one thing. I've been putting off and putting off, finding excuses to avoid making it. No more. Kerri for one will be glad to hear that.

So yeah, that is my plan. Wish me look.




Live Long and Prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment