Tuesday 21 August 2012

Rory Williams action figure

So, after nearly three years, countless fan requests and a lot of complaining on our parts, we have finally received the news that we are getting a Rory Williams figure! In fact, two have been announced and images of them have been released! Today is a good day to be a Doctor Who Fan! 

First up, the general release one!



and secondly, an exclusive to the BBC shop



Both, to me, are brilliant. The only thing that lets it down to me is the hair. The face sculpt is an amazing likeness to Arthur Darvill. The figure is a good example of what Rory wore during the fifth series of Who. The hair, however, is too short and it is the wrong colour. That said, I am fairly certain that in person, I will not care.

However, before I return you to your regularly scheduled lives, I will give you this extract from a Twitter conversation between the highly talented Philip Lawrence, creator of action figure theatre and Alasdair Dewar, who works for Character Options.





Live Long and Prosper




No comments:

Post a Comment