Sunday 7 October 2012

My Favourite Doctor


As what some would call a "die hard" Whovian (Doctor Who Fan), I get asked one question more than any other. "Who is your favourite Doctor?" Well, loyal readers, I will now answer that question.

It is an impossible question to answer. The Doctor in every single of his regenerations have brought something new to the character, but they've also built on what their predecessors left behind. I for one do not think the Ninth Doctor would've been as angry had it not been for the Sixth Doctor, just like the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors wouldn't play the clown without the Second Doctor. 

And to be honest, it's not the story of eleven different people. The Doctor is one man. Eleven personalities, each with their own habits and quirks, but ultimately they are one and the same. So when someone askes me "Who is your favourite Doctor?", I just smile and answer "The Doctor." Occasionally I will explain, as I have here, but most of the time, I just walk off and start talking to someone else.


Eleven faces, but one legend
And yes, before someone tries to be clever and asks the obvious question, I give a virtually identical answer for "Who is your favourite Master?". 



Live Long and Prosper!



No comments:

Post a Comment