Wednesday 4 April 2012

My new Theory

A few days ago, Steven Moffat tweeted a picture of Matt Smith and Karen Gillan with a classic '60s Dalek (see below).


I still get goosebumps looking at it. I mean, I know it's a Dalek and that there have been plenty of TV stories with them in, but it's a CLASSIC DALEK on NEW WHO! It's not like when the Ninth Doctor came face to face with his nemeis for the first time, because it was a whole new design. This is the Doctor and Amy interacting with ACTUAL HISTORY!

Then my inner Who geek noticed something. That Dalek is from the Second Doctor serial The Evil of the Daleks. In fact, it's a very particular Dalek. The Dome is black, which makes it an Emperor's Guard Dalek. When the Dalek Emperor returned for Parting of the Way, it still had these black domed Daleks acting as Guards. And Steven Moffat knows his Doctor Who. He isn't one to mix up a Emperor's Guard Dalek with a generic classic Dalek.

Which suggests to me, we might be seeing at least one more classic Dalek figure. After all, what does an Emperor's Guard guard....?


The answer is this. THIS is what an Emperor's Guard guards. AN EMPEROR

If I'm wrong, fair enough. These things happen. But if I'm right, I reserve the right to brag about this from now until the end of Time.

Also, a little bit of trivia for you. While the Silver and Blue colour scheme was in use in the 1960s, this episode will mark the very first time it has been seen in colour on Television (all the serials up until Jon Pertwee's era - by which time the Dalek colour scheme had been changed - were filmed in black and white.)


So Say We All
UPDATE: As I forgot to mention this, when asked "WHICH Classic Daleks are you bringing back?" Moffat replied "All of them"
. More evidence to support my theory. Also, there are these tweets from both Steven Moffat and Arthur Darvill (Rory)

 



That, at least, implies that there were lots of Daleks on Set.

UPDATE: Yes, another update. According to this article, EVERY Dalek known to Man will appear. Although this might be a very slight exaggeration, it does lend credit to my current theory.

Please, no more information that requires an update, Steven ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment