Monday 5 January 2015

Conversations with Past me


So for this blog entry, I'm going to try and imagine what pressing questions my 15 year old self would have for me if he was here next to me, and answer them. And to make it easier for some people, I'm going to put the questions in a different font.

Beware, swearing and hormones to follow.

So do you have a girlfriend yet?

No, but we did date a bit in 2014. That has to count for something, right?

Seriously? No girlfriend at all?

Nope, sorry.

Really?

No! New subject please!

I'm very disappointed in you. What about work?

Still unemployed, sorry.

WHAT? No girlfriend and no job? What happened to you, man?

Well, I was a cocky little gobshite who thought he didn't need to revise for his GCSEs and that turned out oh so brilliantly. We're working on both fronts though. Give us time.

Well, this is great. Have we at least travelled anywhere yet?

Actually, we have. We've been up to Scotland plenty of times. It's really-

Scotland?! But we fucking hate Scotland! 

No, we hate someone from Scotland. It took us a long time and actually meeting other people from Scotland to realise we didn't hate the country. And as a result, we've applied that philosophy to the rest of the World as well. We're a lot happier as-

Oh for fuck's sake! Is there anything we do hate?

Chavs.

What the hell are chavs?

Spoilers.

Okay then, so at least we're still a bit weird. So we've no girlfriend and no job. Next you're going to say we never went to Uni.

No, we went to Uni. 

Nice! What did we study?

Nursing.

NURSING?!? What the Hell?!

I know. I was as surprised as you when I applied. But hear me out. I started out with the intention of getting grades to apply for a film course.

That makes sense...

But I actually enjoyed it. The sense of helping people actually made me feel good. 

.....Seriously?

Yup.

So we're qualified as a Nurse now?

Um...

What?

I'll explain later.

Okay... so how come you don't have a girlfriend? Are you gay or something?

*sigh* Looks like this might be a two-part Blog entry....

What's a blog????


Live Long and Prosper




No comments:

Post a Comment