Wednesday 10 November 2010

Make note of this date in your diary

I was wrong.
First off. No. It isn't the Apocalypse. Daleks, Borg or various other aliens from Science Fiction haven't invaded nor has Nicholas Cage become a truly brilliant actor and it isn't the year 2012 (though the World won't end then either. I've seen it. BRILLIANT YEAR! Bit rubbish for Music though).   
Now onto the admitting to what I was wrong. Well, it all steams down to....this: 







Well, to be more specific, it boiled down to the White one! For those idiots out there who don't know what White is (First off, why are you on the Internet? You should be in School or Jail), I mean This one: 






See, it's pretty. Well, I think it's pretty. ANYWAY, besides the point! A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away (Well, September and my Gran's living room as opposed to my own) I had just discovered this: 






The recently announced Yellow (or Eternal) Dalek which was exclusive to Hastings in America. At that point, there were only four of them, the Red (Drone), Orange (Scientist) (Another exclusive which came with a Captain Forehead Figure), Blue (Strategist) and that one! I was ranting about the simple fact that we would very likely only be getting the White one (pictured above - go back and look if you're too thick to remember what it looks like) was in a boxset...with the other four which I had painstakingly collected (Getting the Eternal from a friend in America). 


WELL, this was announced today:






This announcement was rumoured for a while on several forums and, in a somewhat surprising and frankly disconcerting twist of fate, it was true. Now before all Doctor Who Figure Forum Users start panicking, I just want to point this out! Look! It's figures of all the Daleks, including the White one! Here's a close-up:



Now, for the admission of my wrongness. Those Figures ARE all being released...seperately. Which means, I can pick up a White Supreme Dalek without gaining any additional extra figures (I've done my Army building for the Paradigm). It also means some people might think I wasted £24.99 on a figure I could've bought for £8.99. 
Well, I didn't. At the time, spending £24.99 looked like the only way I would've have gotten that figure, and it was also worth it to know that I had it before several people...because I'm an Arse like that. 


BUT before you all call me an idiot, let me point out something I was DEFINATELY RIGHT ABOUT: 






On the left (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) IS A STONE DALEK! I was right about that!  So don't doubt me, because I am well and truly amazing.

Live long and Prosper. Now away.
ALSO! This is not my mega update. That got cancelled due to me not being arsed to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are still awesome. But you were also wrong :P

    ReplyDelete