Sunday 28 November 2010

The Paradoxical Spoon

Right, it's Saturday night. I've just proven myself a brilliant source of Doctor Who trivia on a radio show (done by my mate Kerri), and, armed with a group of five other people, dropped the keys off somewhere and gone off in search of food, which, in this case, was of chinese origin.
Now, one long and slightly perilous (back alleys) journey later, we arrive at a Chinese. While some of my dinning companions were making Hobbit Homes out of their rice dishes (and in the case of Heather, an exercising Gandalf), I was rewarded with King Prawn Chow Mein. Delicious it was too!
NOW, throughout my meal, this has remained, unused at my side.


That's a spoon, for the record.
Upon completing my main course, I noticed something rather important.

My Spoon was gone! Now, you normally people would probably assume the Waiter picked it up by accident, but not me. I know the truth. And it all relates to this man:


That's me 12 years in the future for the record. (I don't know why I have grey hair. I just do.). Clearly, in 12 years time, I'm about to eat something, and decided to get a specific spoon. So I went back in time to the present, when I look like this:



to take that specific spoon! BUT WAIT! IT gets better. Upon ordering desert (cheesecake nomnomnomnom) I asked for a spoon. Now, I am convinced that the spoon I recieved is the exact same spoon my future self took! My theory is, 12 years AFTER I went back in time and took the spoon (so 24 years after I've first gone to the Chinese place - and I look like this)


(Again, I don't know why I'm so grey.)
I must've found the spoon and realized that, in order to complete this never ending Time Loop, I need to go back in time AND give the spoon to the waitress. So I went back, gave her the spoon with the specific instructions to give me that spoon, and then gone back to the future happy that I'd completed the Time Loop.
But, ultimately, the important thing is:


(Ocarina of Time fans should remember the "Get Item" theme for that picture).
That's my theory anyway and in 24 years time, I'll tell you if that was the case.
Also, on the radio, apparently my catchphrase is huzzah!

Long Live and Prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment