Friday 25 February 2011

A miracle

Today, a true miracle happened.

The plumber ACTUALLY came today and replaced our boiler. That might not seem like a great big to you all, but we have been fighting for this guy to come since January. Honest to God, it was a FIGHT. We were ringing him left, right and centre and he would assure us that he would be here on such and such a date. Then of course, he'd never turn up, leaving me & my brother (though more me) to deal with a very aggravated parent who wanted nothing more then to kill the bastard. 

And you know what? He actually came today. The Boiler's been fixed and turning on hot water won't actually turn off our heating! Our house is once more returning to its version of normalcy. 

Do you know how we did it? Let me tell you how we did it because, let's be honest, its a fun story. It was a marvellous idea that Dad suddenly clicked to! He rang the Plumber and mentioned "Small Claims Court" and do you know what? The Plumber said he'd be here today and he ACTUALLY came! (Less emphasis but still). 

Granted, I'd have prefered it if he had come a little later in the day so I could've enjoyed the hour and half uninterrupted sleep I enjoyed alongside the interrupted sleep inflicted upon me during the Night, but still. It's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment