Saturday 1 January 2011

Doctor Who Figure Adventures - coming soon to Youtube

I have what can charitably be refered to as "a lot" of free time on my hands. 
In fact, due to illness, I have been forced to leave my Uni course and therefore, all 24 hours of my day are mine to do with as I wish (though at least 6 are reserved for attempt to sleep). 
Therefore, I've decided to attempt to fill my Day with a new hobby! Yeah me! New Hobby!
Except it won't be a new hobby. It will, in fact, be the continuation of an old hobby! Yay! Old Hobby! Those lucky few who actually know me are aware of this Hobby, since I've probably shown you my work already. It is Stop Motion. Doctor Who themed Stop Motion, in fact. Using my army of action figures, I've made them act out scenes I've written. I've achieved this by moving a figure slightly, taking a photo, moving it slightly again, taking a photo and so on. It's the same method Nick Park used to create the highly successfully Wallace and Gromit

Wooo! Nick Park! ...my hair's nicer then his!
Anyway! To expand on my hobby (and test it), I wish to make a Stop Motion Series for Youtube, like a few others have done. It will be a true test, both of my skills as a Stop Motion person (I believe the Term is animator) and as a writer, since I will be penning most, if not all, of my scripts (In fact, a fair few have already been scripted at least in part). Basically, I'm going to become a combi-lution (mixture of combination and Poke'mon style evolution) Of Nick Park (pictured above) and the brilliant Steven Moffat!

Guess which one is Steven Moffat

Anyway, the first mini-episode will up on Youtube soon, a new blog detailing it's creation will be made, and then, the series will begin proper. I hope you enjoy it. And in the mean time, enjoy this Promo-Shot (taken back in the flat - just to let you know how long I've been planning this LOL):


DOCTOR WHO:
THE CHRISTMAS FEAST

No comments:

Post a Comment