Sunday 1 January 2012

Decided to go for another type of update for you.

As very few of my readers know, I have a genetic disorder which generally makes me feel rotten a great deal of the time, along with other symptoms. To that end, and to occasionally free my mind for thinking of a different blog theme each time I write one, I've decided to document some of my health stuff, including times when I have really bad days.

I know this will make one of my friends REALLY  happy since it means she can just check here if she suspects I'm having a rubbish day.


To that end, I thought I'd tell you about my last really bad do.

It started on the 17th of December. It was a friend's surprise party and a group of us went out to a club in Huddersfield which is generally a laugh (especially on 90s night!). I barely made it into the club walking up from the flat (which isn't that far away). My heart felt like it was going to explode so I sat down as soon as I was in. One mate stayed with me while another got me some water. I spent most of that evening either throwing up or sitting down, with the occasional dance, which is a shame because I love dancing (even though I can't very well).

After spending a few hours in the club, we made our way back to the flat (in a Taxi), where I once again threw up repeatedly. After a semi-reasonable (read: an hour or so) sleep on their sofa, I went home. On the way, I steadily got worse. I threw up again (a recurring theme) as well as getting a migraine and all my limbs started aching. By the end of the journey, I was still unable to keep anything do, had a killer headache, but worst of all was my body. 


To put it simply, it hurt. Moving my legs hurt. Moving my arms hurt. I just hurt in general. I couldn't sleep, since I roll when I'm unconscious and the pain kept me awake. I couldn't walk at all. Over the course of two or three days, I got better. I'm completely healed up now thankfully.

So yeah, that was my worst day so far. Hope I don't have another like that for a very long time.

So say we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment