Monday 2 January 2012

2011 - a brief sum up

What? Three updates in one Day? Are you feeling alright, I hear you asking. I am, apart from the dying dregs of a cold and a tiny bit of insomnia. I just felt like summing up 2011, get rid of some emotional baggage and boring you once more (plus it's past midnight and thus, a new day technically).

So how was my 2011?

In truth, on the whole, it wasn't too bad. As with any of the other twenty two years of my existence, there were obviously good bits and bad bits. For the good, I made some new friends and saw old ones. I went up to Scotland a couple of times to hang out with mates up there and I bought way more Doctor Who Figures than I should've. For the bad, I spent three weeks Gransitting, missing several events I was looking to and got stiffed for it, and the girl I like entered a relationship with someone else. Like I said ups and downs.

I also spent WAY too much in Hospitals this year for various reasons. More then any other time of my life, if I'm not mistaken (and even if I was, I'm not likely to admit that.) One of the perks of having a rare condition doctors don't fully understand, I suppose. 

My birthday, as usual, was a highlight. Like the year before, I had two celebrations: One up in Scotland with my friends up there and one down in England with some of the others. Much booze was consumed on the second event but both were exceptional fun. 

Also, 2011 is the last year I'll be drinking. From here on out, beyond a glass of champhange at weddings, I will be completely teetotal. This is due to several incidents of the alcohol reacting badly with my tablets.

Goodbye, 2011. We had the best of times, and the worst of times.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment